Sunday, January 22, 2012

Please don't mistake my kindness for weakness

I have many more years of experience as a business man than I do as a filmmaker.  I suppose that's the main reason why I'm so surprised when some slick talking Hollywood type acts as if they're doing me a favor when I'm helping them with a free project.  I know the name of the game, "free gig, free gig, free gig, PAID GIG."  Maybe some other filmmakers in Los Angeles have the luxury of not working that way, but at this point I do not.  When I do a free gig I try to make sure its for someone that can use the help.  More times than not I will help a person with headshots or video work if I appreciate their hustle.  The problem with "free" work is that every once in a while you come across a person that doesn't appreciate it or tries to take advantage of my offer.   When this is the case I allow for that particular person to dig themselves in as deep of a hole as they wish.  I am an independent film producer with financial responsibilities just like the next man.  I cannot afford to lose money to help you, I hope that you can understand my position.  I pay my bills by being a top Hollywood headshot photographer and film producer.  It is NEVER personal for me; we can drink a glass of cognac later, but for now,"Pay me... Please." :-)

Very Respectfully,

George Ohan
Creative Producer

www.SignatureXavier.com

iO Motion Pictures
ian Ohanian

No comments:

Post a Comment