The economy is changing.
Artificial intelligence is changing the way we work. Prices continue to rise. Small businesses are adapting. Families are looking for new ways to stretch every dollar.
Instead of worrying about what comes next, I decided to build something.
I'm not a software engineer.
I'm an Army veteran, filmmaker, handyman, husband, and father living in Fresno, California.
Using AI and Replit, I built BarterHarder.org—a free online marketplace where people can trade goods and services without using money.
The idea is simple.
Most people already have something valuable.
Maybe it's a set of tools.
Maybe it's photography skills.
Maybe it's lawn care, tutoring, sewing, computer repair, or video editing.
Someone else needs exactly what you have, and they probably have something you need.
That's where Barter Harder comes in.
Why Bartering Still Matters
Bartering isn't a new idea. It's one of the oldest forms of commerce.
Long before online shopping and digital payments, neighbors traded with neighbors. People exchanged labor, food, equipment, knowledge, and services because it helped everyone move forward.
I believe that idea is just as relevant today.
Money isn't always available, but value almost always is.
A carpenter can trade for accounting help.
A photographer can trade for plumbing work.
A mechanic can trade for childcare.
These aren't handouts. They're fair exchanges that help people keep moving.
Why Fresno?
I live in Fresno, California, and I believe this is one of the most entrepreneurial cities in America.
Every day I meet people building businesses, learning new skills, fixing things instead of replacing them, and helping each other succeed.
That's the spirit Barter Harder was built for.
I hope it grows here first, then spreads to communities everywhere.
AI Meets Old-School Community
People ask me if AI is replacing jobs.
My answer is that AI is also creating opportunities.
I used AI to help build Barter Harder.
But AI didn't create the idea.
AI didn't build the relationships.
AI didn't create trust.
People do that.
Technology can help us build better tools, but communities are still built by people helping people.
I think the future belongs to both.
Who Can Use Barter Harder?
Everyone.
Families looking to save money.
Veterans transitioning into civilian life.
Churches serving their communities.
Nonprofits stretching limited budgets.
Students.
Small business owners.
Artists.
Filmmakers.
Tradespeople.
Anyone with something to offer.
Because everyone has something of value.
Take a Look
Barter Harder is completely free to use.
Browse listings.
Post what you have.
Find what you need.
Make a trade.
I'd love to hear your ideas, your feedback, and your success stories.
Visit: https://BarterHarder.org
The future isn't just about earning more.
Sometimes it's about making better use of what we already have.
I believe AI and community can work together.
That's what Barter Harder is all about.
— George Ohan
@georgeohan on instagram



No comments:
Post a Comment