Monday, July 20, 2015

How to start a simple blog for writers

If you’re a writer and you’d like to start posting your content online for the world to read, it is a good idea to start a simple blog and learn as you go.

I’ll keep this short and sweet because I know you creative types hate research and want to get back to creating.  I get it.  

Set up Gmail account
Set up BLOGGER a.k.a. (YourName/blogspot.com)
Click “New Blog” in the top left corner
Name your Blog -  sample - “Thoughts of an indie creative”
Watch some YouTube videos about how to configure your Blog
Click "New Post" in the top left corner
Write something short, sweet, and awesome! (Tag me, I want to read it!)
Always add proper labels (a.k.a. Tags) on your post
Share it on Google+

It’s not perfect, but you can start sharing your stories with the world and see who likes it.

There are many different blogs, but I like Blogger because Google owns it and it helps with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) when people search for your content.

Thank you for taking a read!

Very Respectfully,


George Ohan
Producer
Puerto Rico


No comments:

Post a Comment